Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Can't change weapon in Deus Ex..?

I downloaded the Deus Ex GOTY edition on Steam and just started playing it today. I can't change my weapon at all. I'm trying to use scroll up or scroll down (mouse wheel) and left click, but it just won't bloody change. It's stuck on the pistol in slot 1.



I tried reloading it after saving the game, but its still stuck. Pretty annoying, cuz I love first person shooters.I've heard this is a cool game.



Can anyone help?Can't change weapon in Deus Ex..?
have you just started?...you only start witha pistol as I recall. You collect other weapons as you go along. Also check config, and keys, check what key/button is assigned to change weapon. An amazing game, still one of the best games ever. Dont bother with no. 2 thought.



If you have just started go talk too your mate on the pier at the start he will give you either a crossbow, sniper rifle or something else I think. Haven't played it in years memory a bit cloudy.



found this on a forum 'I think I ran into this problem once, but I seem to remember it only occuring when I used the mouse wheel. I'm not sure, but I think a restart of the game solved it... or a restart of the computer... or a re-install of the game. A re-install is probably your best bet.'



If you are using a pc try a reinstall. remove, reboot pc, install, update too latest patch. If you are a console maybe you willl have to restart the game, could be a corrupted save. Ah mouse wheel you must be on a pc, you may want to delete the save also and do a fresh start, looked through a list of deus ex bugs and glitches and couldnt find much about stuck guns other than the link provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment