Friday, March 9, 2012

Is Half-Life (the original), System Shock 1/2 or Deus Ex the most revolutionary within their genres?

Hi all,



I played Half-Life and finished it when I was just 8. Drew a line suffice to say.



Then Deus Ex came out when I was 11 or something, and was just as incredible as Half-Life was but it was an RPG.



Funnily I played System Shock last, was more into the fallout series in that period but was completely convinced.



I speak as a wholesale and utter fan of all three.



What I'm saying is - which game made the greatest influence In it's time and genre relative to eachother?Is Half-Life (the original), System Shock 1/2 or Deus Ex the most revolutionary within their genres?
I think Half-Life and System Shock were more a triumph of atmosphere and production values, whereas Deus Ex was a revolutionary change to game architecture. The degree of freedom Deus Ex gave you to approach problems was incredible, and it also made the game more immersive (I remember searching for Illuminati on the internet while playing it, scribbling clues down on bits of paper). Best game ever.Is Half-Life (the original), System Shock 1/2 or Deus Ex the most revolutionary within their genres?
Yes Deus ex was



But system shock 2 and 1 pioneered it.



Same thing as to doom and quake for halflife

No comments:

Post a Comment